Thursday, March 10, 2011

Love in a Time of Cholera

Location : Barnes Hall - OMS / LASO Meeting
Time : 7:30 - 9:45pm
Total Time: 2hrs 15 minutes 





I went to a meeting for the student Office of Multicultural Services at college tonight,
and they were having a collaberation night with the Latin American Student Association.
The LASO played a movie for us, and brought us good food from Costa Rica.

They played the movie in English with Spanish subtitles,
but it was hard to hear the English with people talking and laughing,
 and with the small speakers they had hooked to the projector.

It was very cool to see how much of the dialogue I could follow from just the subtitles,
especially in moments when I couldn't hear the English at all.
I didn't feel lost much at all! Very cool feeling :)

I also picked up bits and pieces of conversations that the Hispanic kids were having during the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment